So, yes, I am loving raw food! When I first heard the term “raw” though I immediately thought of carrot and celery sticks. I thought “what the?” how can raw food be appetising. Now don’t get me wrong, I do love fruit and vegetables but here I was wondering how can a plate of uncooked food be delicious???
Well have the recipes that I have come across proved me so totally wrong! It also helps that a lot more raw cafes are finally opening up here too so I get to try before I play at home.
I think I am loving the fact that I can play around with food to see just how close to the “real” or let’s say “naughty” version you can get. The Husband is also enjoying being the taste-tester and these Lime Cheesecakes were an absolute hit in our household.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup dates
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups raw cashew nuts
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime zest
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Put all of the base ingredients in the food processor & blitz until it is fine but sticky
- Place 1 large tablespoon of the base mixture into the bottom of each muffin patty and press down. You should be able to make 6 – 8 bases
- Place in the freezer to set while you make the topping
- To make the topping place the cashew nuts in the food processor & process until you make cashew butter
- Add all of the other ingredients & whiz for a further minute
- Spoon the topping onto the base mixture & put back in the freezer to set for up to an hour
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve the cheesecakes take out of the freezer to let thaw a little
- Place on a plate & serve
*Note: I made mine a bit naughty and served with my homemade Lime Curd but you can top with anything you like. I then sprinkled shredded coconut over the curd and on to the plate!
I would like to thank the beautiful Caralee from Real Food Pledge for this absolutely amazing recipe.